Monday, May 16, 2011

Autumn falls to Winter.

I only like writing in courier. It reminds me of my 2 un-inked type writer that I long to fix. Maybe i can convince my creative side that this is a substitute.. not merely a conciliation prize. 


Its been a while between writings. The dryness felt by internship is passing...I can feel my little fingers unfurling, saying play play play. 
And so I have been. Thus the no writing.
This weekend saw Hula hoop workshops and (possibly too much) chai (never). 
Operation hoop-la in motion.


Just one singular beauty. Hazelbrook. 
Despite the ups and downs of new spaces, new faces and the constant under confidence that only a teaching internship may bring... I love where I live ( Judith and Scott and Angus... you are beautiful beings)and I love the mountains.
And right now I have so so so much respect for the autumn tree's up here. Every morning... my whole head just explodes with beauty at how vibrant these tree's are. And every day i watch them change...with each leaf that drops... knowing winter is fast approaching. Ice on my windscreen this morning confirmed my inkling.
"I speak for the trees"



So its boots time. Its scarf time. Its time for me to learn how to build a proper fire.. its chestnuts and chai time. Andddddd...
Its that bunker down and spend time with the most loved ones time.
As leunig says in his poem 'winter'.. this time is "a season to cherish the heart"
May we make this happen? May we respect winter for what it is... instead of cursing its wintery ways? 

Come visit me! Ill be a host with the most. and you too can honour the autumn trees ( be quick! their going fast!) and bunker down with a book and the fire. Bryanna Pearl B+B now open...<3 xoxo
So much love. 



1 comment:

  1. Dearest sister writes with such heart
    The lorax speaks for the trees- and so do you dear one. You speak for the world and the world speaks through you. Because the world needs you to speak and the world needs your art, keep speaking loud.
    i'll be seeing you on the weekend and we can go check out some of those them thar trees
    xx

    ReplyDelete