Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reality Check

Sweet Vanity.
Its the 9th of March.
Which means its been a month.
Since the GHD got put away...


...And Miss Pearl Harnessed her mass of crazy.
Who knew my hair was so curly!
And why would i run from this?


Vipassna gave me 10 days with no hair maintenance.
Liberating.
It also articulated that my constant straight, straight straightening...
was not only killing my hair.
But making me unhappy.
Because of the impermanence of it all.
Anicca in hair philosophy.


So I've embraced the reality that is my hair.
That it falls somewhere between brilliant beach hair, sensuous sex hair and fantastic frizz free fun.
Yet I feel, vanity aside... 
It stands as a symbol for larger notions. For some internal shift that has taken place...
Where seeing things as they are. and not how i wish them to be is key.
... where else may we manifest this?
Where else may we need this understanding in our lives?


Just something to ponder on this over cast Mountains day... When I've taken half the day off school to regroup, reinvent and retouch. But mostly just to sleep.


Night Night/ Good Morning World.
xoxo Bryanna pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment