Sunday, July 3, 2011

There's no place like Home.

They weren't joking about the Ute on a Pole. A national icon... followed only by... 
...Mosiac'ed Ute.
A running theme?
Back from Four days off dallying in the country. Big busses and new friends... Red wine, too much chocolate and SO MUCH MEAT. Goodness. 
Must admit, they didn't really sell me the whole " country lifestyle"....
" What do we do on the weekend? some snags, a case of beer... roll into bed at some ungodly hour...I swear I put on 15kgs when i moved out here".... riiiiggghhhhht. Maybe get some better representatives for your town...?


Factors that would have been music to my ears... community gardens, creative types, yoga, fresh local produce, a tea emporium, local markets and sustainable practices... and then it hit me!
...This is why i moved to Old blue!
And thus, have ventured back to Winmalee with fresh eyes to this lovely part of the world. 


Denniliquin was beautiful. It had brilliant Op Shops and I came home with bags full of florals, heads full of new adventures and hearts full of new friends. 
But the country life for me? Nahhh... Ill stick with higher ground for now. 
Between the chocolate, wine, steak and spice girls... I did actually manage to get some walks in... This was Edwards river, a meander off the Murray River. Breath taking at sundown. 
Xo BP

No comments:

Post a Comment