Friday, November 26, 2010

Save-a-word.

I won't pretend to know many words.


and I'm actually a terrible speller.
( Not a great quality for a training teacher)


Yet i do have a respect. and love. 
For words.
My Dear sister put me onto this. and i implore you... Take up a word, preserve and cherish it...!!


http://www.savethewords.org/


I heard that Oxford dictionary is going to stop printing hard copies// and whilst my source is fairly unreliable. It still seems to be the way things are going...
Even I am guilty of a dictionary app on my iphone. Spoilt with convenience, we are!


Let us preserve words... keep books, and post letters. and not be over run with all this simulation of life.
In the spirit of things.
My word is "Affictitious" and have already used it in many sentences.
Meaning: Artificial , counterfeit, fake.
So when Geoff asks me why I don't like Coke... I will need not to rant. Merely... It is 'Affictitious'.


A thought for words. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment