Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Summer 1st.

Its obvious that spring is my favorite time of year.
The lushness and growth.
Yet summer holds many treasures.
A drier and more contented lazy happiness.
And my birthday!!
Other delights that summer brings:
- Fresh buby coconuts.
- Cider in the park.
- Mexican themed Christmas!...Feliz Navidad.
- Recovery from intense Fijian sun...

So to celebrate this beautiful time of year.
We shall hear from our dear Mr. Micheal Leunig.
Of whom has much to say to our hearts.


" Dear God,
We rejoice and give thanks for earthworms,
bees, ladybirds and broody hens; for
humans tending their gardens, talking to
animals, cleaning their homes and singing to themselves;
for the rising of the sap, the fragrance of growth, the invention of the wheelbarrow and the existence of the teapot, we give thanks. We celebrate and we give thanks.
Amen"

Enjoy the sydney rain. or where ever you are in the world.
<3
Ps. To mark the summery air- My blue berries are turning blue! and when I say blue berries.. I mean the singular. There is one.
...and it will be savored. 
A better departing gift I cannot fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment