Friday, February 25, 2011

An Inner Brew.

Miss Pearl decided to swill around in the tea leaves for a while.
OH to the darkness at the bottom of a teacup.


So off she tra la la'ed to a Vipassna silent meditation retreat.
Yet the reality of this 10 day journey made itself apparent on day 2 or 3.
Silent: no talking, no expression, no eye or physical contact.
Meditation: Sitting... in your heart, til your back wants to divorce itself from you.
Retreat: You've vanished. You do not exist. All worldly possessions left sitting idle...
Yes it was hell. I saw the devil and she was me.


But totally, vitally worth it.


So as I sat there... for roughly 10 hours a day, re-writing my life as a spin off to Eat Pray Love, called Eat, Breathe, Sleep... I came to some very fun new things. About simplicity. About birth and death and all the little things that happen in between.  4am starts saw the lone lotus sleep; the day brought its birth, then the night its rest.. and by the 10 days end, its eventual, predictable and beautiful death.
Isn't it Nick Cave that says "All beauty must die"? So impermanence
becomes the name of this years game. "This too shall pass" style...


Anicca Anicca Anicca. 


I wouldn't 'recommend' these trips... (as you'd meditate on how awful my advice is for 10 days) But I'm putting it in your line of vision. I'm saying... This is out there. Its hard work, it takes guts.. and you'll grow. And I ask... are you ready? One day maybe... one day maybe never...
A simple offering of a path.
A growth in self learning. Take a hint from Socrates... "An unexamined life is not worth living."


With Metta,
Bryanna Pearl


http://www.dhamma.org/
ps. Metta means loving kindness <3
pps. Without pens, paper or books... I drove myself crazy! Yes, making origami cranes from toilet paper led me to believe there is a conspiracy from companies for devising 11x10cm squares. Oh the woes of the stationary challenged soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment